Sunday, November 23, 2008

The 2nd email from my friend.

Well, I told you I would talk about the 2nd email. It was something that really wasn't discussed alot this election cycle. There was an ad or two run I think, but mostly in the border states and in Florida, but not here in the midwest. However this has been a HUGE issue the last few years. I think the war in Iraq and then the economy just trumped everything else this time.

The issue I am talking about of course is illegal immigrants. Or as they are called in this email illegal aliens. I have not verified any of these web sites or figures it states in here. I didn't take the time nor the trouble. It really wasn't worth it to me. I know a lot of money is spent, I know it is a serious problem. According to this, it causes massive cuts for US Seniors...costs more per years than the Iraq war. So, I decided to check the first URL given to verify this statement. It says, 11 Billion to 22 Billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year. That's what the email says. However the web site says "Each year, state governments spend an estimated $11 billion to $22 billion to provide welfare to immigrants." So right there in the first statement is a misrepresentation of the facts. And the deceptions just go on from there it looks like. It has several more links on 5 pages, most of them are not clickable so I have to type them in. They are all old links dated from around 2004 and 2005 mostly.

Are you seeing a pattern here?? I sent her an email back and asked her why she sent this to me. This was reflecting rather badly on her president wasn't it?? This was all on his watch. Nothing I found was later than 2006. So I wasn't sure what the motive was behind it, but I found it rather odd. Like I said it was him, John McCain and I think Ted Kennedy was in on it trying to get the immigration reform passed. But John McCain was the biggest one for a long time. Then he stopped, even said he wouldn't sign his own bill. George Bush was very hard on getting something done, but he and the others in the republican party dropped the ball on this one. So, another strange email from my friend.

I think if this was what I wanted to send in an email, and I know it was just a forward from someone else, I would have gotten some newer links and some newer data to cite. Using data from 2 to 4 and 5 years ago just doesn't make a lot of sense if you are trying to blame something on the incoming administration or congress.

Like I said earlier....I am amazed....once again...lol

No comments: