Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Honestly, Someone Thinks I am Worth An Award
Gee, Thanks Zirgar....lol He doesn't know how much I hate these darn things....lol I am proud of the fact that he gave me this award.. this is the 2nd time I have gotten this one and it makes me feel good that people see me as an honest person. I do try to put the truth out there and to hold out for what I believe is the honest truth and the facts. So, again, Thank you Zirgar, you make me feel humbled and honored by your praise. If you haven't checked out his blog, you should... he is funny, sarcastic and very witty...now, be warned..sometimes the language is loose, so if it offends you, don't go...lol It is as Granny used to say...Salty...lol but in taste and funny.
I just discovered that I was awarded this twice today...and since I am kinda lazy...I am just going to link to the second blog in this posting. The second grantor was Matt at OsborneInk... a wonderful writer indeed. Matt does fiction, science fiction, short stories, has published works and much more at his place and you really need to check him out. He was recently granted the honor of going to Netroots. I know he enjoyed that immeasurably as did everyone who was there. Thanks Matt, I hope you are happy with the results of my labors.
Honest Weblog Award Rules:
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to that blogger.
3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Weblog Award.
5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions!
Ok, 1 and 2 are done in the first paragraph, now for the 7 blogs to award it to in return...this gets difficult.. there are so many good ones and I really hate to put people on the spot.. but I will try.
These are in no particular order.. just as I think of them... so take nothing from the way I put them.
First is TheMom also known as TheAttentiveAphorist she does a great job of just talking about everything, from local stuff around her home in Ohio, to National Politics, to things that strike her as funny. She is just a great person to read.
Second is Sue at HellooooooMrPresident a great new blog that has taken off and is doing wonderfully. Sue makes you think, makes you laugh and just makes you....... fill in the blank. She has a great outlook on life, politics and is funny and smart.
Third is Paul at Citizen K who is a wonderful music lover, citizen of the world and all round great guy. He has been a blogger of all things LEFT and does take the left to task when they need it. He is honest and straightforward. He truly does deserve this award.
Fourth is Perry at MommaPolitico. She is a Mom, a Political Wonk.. and a blogger.. she is also a great person to read, she really knows her stuff.. Outspoken, intelligent and honest.. just an amazing fit for this award.
Fifth is Willis at Old & N The Way, a great place to check out for all things Texas. He blogs about local, state and National things. Just whatever catches his eye. He is honest and funny, loves to blog and love to play music... Check him out.
Sixth is Evan at DistributorcapNY, one of the best bloggers I know. He writes about history, politics, does videos, musicals, parodies, just a bit of everything and really is a wonderful writer. He has several specials he does every week. Like on Thursday's he does Oldies Music and features an artist and a song. It is great.. and if you haven't checked him out, you are missing something wonderful.
And last but not least is Carlos at BroadwayCarlsBlogOMania, another fine blogger who is honest, funny and always respectful and lays it on the line. He is not afraid to say when someone messes up, be it on the left or on the right, which is as it should be.
Now, for the ten things about me... This is the most difficult part of this award.. I always find it hard to talk about myself.
1) I drove a truck for nearly 15 years and have been in 48 of the 50 states.
2) I love traveling by car and hate flying..
3) I started this blog to help with my grief after losing my dad. Since he was also a strong Democratic voice it was easy for me to follow his footsteps.
4) My daughter isn't of the same political persuasion as me. LOL Yeah, she is a conservative....yes, I hate to admit it...but I am trying to be honest.
5) I don't get to see my granddaughters.. see # 4....lol
6) I have little faith in the media in this country and don't believe much of what they print or say. I double and triple check everything and still have doubts.
7) I continue to support Pres. Obama and will until he does something to really shake my belief in him. So far that hasn't happened. Yes, I disagree with somethings he has done, but for the most part I agree with everything.
8) I love blogging and writing. I don't think I am good at it but I enjoy it. I sometimes have trouble putting my thoughts to word and being articulate about it. So I just let them flow.. then I worry if it makes sense. lol
9) I have always wanted to try to write a book about my driving. There were so many funny and strange things that happened. As they say, "Oh, the stories I could tell".....lol
10) Finally, I hope you have enjoyed this little sharing of myself with you.. This is the hardest part of it for me..as I said. Baring my soul or whatever you call it. Talking about me..
By the way... These are my girls.. My daughter and both granddaughters.. I kinda snitched the pictures...lol