Monday, June 29, 2009

Pres. Obama Meets with LGBT Activists at White House

Today Pres. Obama met with LGBT activists at the White House and addressed their concerns about all the issues on the list including DOMA and DADT. It was a reception for LGBT Pride Month and the President and First Lady were hosting a reception for the families and individuals involved in furthering these issues.

Pres. Obama addressed several individuals who were there and recognized them for their work and their sacrifice. I can't remember the names but they are in the video which I will be attaching.

I thought it was a great talk, it seemed to be well received and I think he answered all the questions that have been asked. Pres. Obama is trying to get things done, but there is a process that has to be gone through. Help him, and keep him honest and keep Congress honest and their feet to the fire.

Call your Congress person and let them know you want this overturned by them through a law. A stop loss would be great, but if this is done, it gives Congress an excuse to not act. That's why the President doesn't want to use this method and wants Congress to be forced to act. Please help him to help the LGBT end DADT.

President Obama addresses LGBT at White House I have added the video below or you can click on that link, it will take you to the C-Span site which will allow you to watch the video of it. I think it is worth the time, and as soon as it is up I will post it.

3 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Thanks, will check out the link. You're right, we should contact our congresspeople to change the laws since it is from them that DOMA has to be changed.

themom said...

Excellent ideas. I'm am so annoyed at people that are upset that Obama's administration hasn't "solved" all the problems of the world in these past 5 months. I still think he is doing a wonderful aggressive job. I am not 100% happy but in the 90's for sure.

lisahgolden said...

I hope this will be viewed as a positive. I wouldn't want to be in Pres. Obama's shoes for anything. Everyone wants their issue addressed NOW.