Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remember When the Republicans said the Democrats Hated the Military? UPDATED! UPDATE II

Yeah, I know.. it's supposed to be the proper thing now to say we aren't funding this war effort.. well sorry, you will never hear me say that. We have military in harms way. We have troops who need funding. This needs to be done. I don't want to hear your crap.

I remember this mess from Cindy McCain during the campaign and it made me so angry when she pulled this 2 faced nonsense. John McCain as Senator didn't vote for the GI Bill, and didn't vote for most of the supplementals during his time in the senate. His record on Veteran affairs was terrible. Yet, this is what she said about then Sen. Obama, when he voted against a supplemental bill, because there was no deadline for withdrawl in it.

Cindy McCain today joined in the stepped-up attacks on Democrat Barack Obama.

"I'm proud of my sons, but let me tell you, the day that Senator Obama decided to cast a vote to not fund my son when he was serving sent a cold chill through my body," she said, drawing a chorus of boos.

"Let me tell you: I would suggest that Senator Obama change shoes with me for just one day, and see what it means, and see what it means to have a loved one serving in the armed forces, and more importantly, serving in harm's way."

McCain, who said Tuesday that Obama has "waged the dirtiest campaign in American history," is referring to a vote that Obama cast last year against a defense funding bill because it did not include a timeline for pulling out of Iraq. He subsequently voted for a version that included a timetable.

Jimmy McCain, then 18, served with the Marines in Iraq last year before returning in February.


Now, lets see what happens when the new bill comes up for vote tonight or tomorrow in the house and the senate. Will Sen. McCain vote for the new supplemental bill? Or will he stand in lock step with the rest of the hypocritical republicans and let his sons stand on the battlefield with no money?

UPDATE As of 5:43 PM CDT, June 16, 2009 the bill had passed the House 226 to 202. Now it is on to the Senate to see what they will do.

UPDATE II Around 5:00 PM CDT June 19,2009 the bill passed the Senate with a vote 91-5, voting against the bill were Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.; Jim DeMint, R-S.C.; Mike Enzi, R-Wyo.; Russ Feingold, D-Wis.; and Bernard Sanders, I-Vt.

1 comment:

Matt Osborne said...

McCain belongs in a hypocrisy museum somewhere. Contrary to his image, he's been a sellout since before he was elected.