Friday, February 27, 2009

Bobby Jindal Lied

It looks like the "story" that Bobby told us about Katrina was just that... a story.

According to Politico, a spokesperson for Jindal is now saying the story the governor told Tuesday night was just that, a tall tale. It didn't happen the way he said it did.

Of course, it wasn't that he lied, or that he misspoke or told a tall tale. It was just we misunderstood what he meant. I am not sure how you misunderstand "During Katrina". But that is what it says.

Of course, lets look at a few other things. The sheriff in question was also on Larry King's show, on Sept. 11, right after Katrina and for some strange reason he didn't seem to mention Congressman Jindal in his narrative of what happened.

So, what we have here is just another case it looks like of a lying republican. Gosh, the fun just goes on and on.

4 comments:

themom said...

Well, I'm just shocked and appalled! A Repuke LIE??? His entire speech was one big joke. If this is the best the party can do - to groom for 2012 - no worries here. Did you hear Tom Delay on Chris Matthews show...he "can guarantee that Obama will never get re-elected!" Hmmm, and DeLay holds what office??? He should be in prison.

Patricia said...

I'm with themom. Totally shocked and amazed. Republicans have always told us the truth up to now, right?

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you all, but I am fed up with these lying republican politicians, and I have begun calling them out on their lies. See, I teach social studies, specifically, Civics and U.S. History, and in GA. It is amazing how ill-informed these students are due to their parents and these fools. Teaching about the government and history of our great nation has little/no effect on these students' attitudes and beliefs because of the ignorance of their parents and these fools. I make sure that I debunk the lies that they hear about what has caused our nation to end up the way it is now. I am also more outspoken to others who spout these lies being perpetrated on America by these republicans to promote their own agendas which have nothing to do with the needs of America. I have become an advocate for making sure that truth beats out the lies by reading and studying all that I can about political parties, national and world events. This what I believe that we as liberal/progressives are going to have to do to make sure that we win back America, for Americans, one person at a time, at the grassroots level. Think of it as a grassroots campaign for truth.

D.K. Raed said...

The funny thing is, Jindal could've told the true story about the boats and the sheriff and it would've had almost the same impact. There was no reason for him to "embellish" ... I guess lying just comes so naturally, he couldn't help himself.

Jindal repeating that debunked Disneyland to Vegas bullet train gave me a good laugh. Growing up in Vegas, I've been hearing about that train for over 40-yrs. Seriously! The rumors fly every couple years, people get all excited, and then it dies. Kind of like Jindal's aspirations for higher office.