Saturday, March 27, 2010

The President's Weekly Address: Two Major Reforms on Health Care & Higher Ed

From the White House blog:

The President looks back on a week that saw the passage of two major sets of reforms: one putting Americans in control of their own health care, and one ensuring student loans work for students and families, not as subsidies for bankers and middlemen.





Contrary to what the GOPers have said... This is NOT a government take over of the FEDERAL Student Loan Program. They are not taking it from the banks... they are just offering some rules and making sure everyone is protected.

I hope you have written to your Congress Person this week.. either to thank them or to let them know how you felt about them voting NO.

5 comments:

K. said...

If the John Boner saw Obama coming out of a bathroom, he'd be accused of attempting a government takeover of urinals.

My Congressman (Dave "Dim Bulb" Reichert) claims to be a moderate. So I wrote asking him to be moderating voice and take an unequivocal stand against teabagger mob behavior and violence. He didn't even respond to me.

Annette said...

I know K.. I have the same problem.. only mine is Sen. Kit Bond.. he never responds no matter what I send to him... But that seems to be the Rethug way... They claim to want our input and they are listening.. but I have found most people say when they write to any Rethug, they never get an answer... So how are they listening to the people....

Oh, I guess if you sent a letter praising them for some of their stupidity you might hear from them.. but I really doubt it.

TomCat said...

I did not write to david Wu to thank him. However, I did call to do so. :-)

Annette said...

Thank TC, I just think it is important to let them know how we feel.

Annette said...

I hear ya Sue.. but sometimes or most of the time, it does no good to try to talk to them.. They have their mind made up and it's just a waste of your time and breath.