Saturday, October 10, 2009

President's Weekly Address: New Momentum for Health Reform

From the White House Web Site:

The President goes through the leading conservative and Republican figures who have come out one after another urging passage of health insurance reform. After a summer of intense debate, cooler heads begin to prevail to make progress for the American people.


The president also points out the fact this is an issue that affects all of us. With rising support across the political spectrum. The tides are turning. It is only the fringe that are still against the reform that is needed. Like Rushbo, Beck, Hannity and the ones who follow them blindly.

Now, here is the President.

6 comments:

Sue said...

thanks Annette! President Obama looks more relaxed and happier I think. Its really gonna happen!

Annette said...

Yep, and I will be very, very surprised if there isn't some kind of Public Option in it. I just have always believed that and I still believe it.

mommapolitico said...

Yep, I think we're on the verge of something big. The President seems confident - masterful to drop a few prominent GOP names into the mix! This could really happen, Girls!
As always, Annette, thanks for posting the Weekly Address. You're my connection to The White House, Woman!

Annette said...

I enjoy doing it.. I love being able to hear it and see it and share it with everyone first thing in the morning.. as you can see I was up before dawn this morning...lol

I too think we are nearly there.. just a few more weeks and we will have the final vote for merging the bills and be done with it.. then the President can sign it into law. What a wonderful day that will be for everyone.

morb320 said...

I've never ceased to pray for hcr with a strong public option, even when faced with watching the August Townhall shows, or knowing that probably no republicans will vote for reform, and even when I witness the angst and condemnation of members of my own political party at what they perceived as Obama's lack of action on pushing hcr. I'm a firm believer in not quitting before one has fought to the end. I also believe a better use of my time is spent on working to advance an agenda instead of giving up at the first sign of adversity.

Annette said...

I agree Majii.. we just plug along.. lol with our faith in the President and our belief in the system intact. And it is telling that it is working. While others have waffled and doubted there is this core group that has stood firm.. I am so proud of us.