Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Worship of the President by School Children, The Horror of it all

We can't allow this to happen.. We can't allow our children to be indoctrinated by worship of our President. We must stop this now... Oh wait, it is too late.. it already happened and look where it got us.



Yep, that's Pres. Bush... being worshiped in absentia via a cardboard cutout. But did you see how the teacher or whatever she was directed the worship of the picture of the President by these children and they obeyed, they prayed, they bowed, they obviously were worshiping him.

Yet, to hear Fox Noise, and the GOPers things like this never happened, this all just started with Pres. Obama.. Well, proof of the lie that is..

Sorry again, for the lack of posts lately, but you know where I have been.. I will be back soon.. In the meantime please visit my friends Sue and the Complaint Dept. Manager @ Helloooooo Mr President She has been doing a great job of covering everything and keeps the rethugs hoppping...

Then there is also TomCat @ PoliticsPlus who stays on top of the news of the day, gives a wrap up and even throws in a puzzle to while away a few minutes and offers an open thread to just talk about what you might have on your chest.

The video today I got from another great blogger friend Matt @ Osborne Ink. If you haven't checked him out yet.. You are missing a great writer/reporter... Matt is also raising money to do some investigative reporting. Give him a read and if you can throw a few pennies in the pot.. He will be very appreciative. Thanks Matt for sharing with me.

15 comments:

ZIRGAR said...

Like it's Obama's fault that people like singing about him. After 8 years of Bush I think it's only natural that people feel a sense of relief and want to show some pride in a new president, epsecially the first black president during a Black History Month celebration.

Annette said...

Yeah, but the point was they are denying it ever happened under Bush, yet here is proof it did...This is all Bush, all the time..

Sue said...

thanks Annette, you've been such a great friend and inspiration to me! I'll be back when the baby is napping!

Sue said...

I'm back, I just watched the video and I'm stunned and speechless!! Why isn't this video on all the talk shows?? Especially Faux Noise??? I'm sending CDM over here to get this posted, for some reason I can't load a video! Thanks Annette!!

Annette said...

Sue it is not on because as the saying goes.. IOKIYAR.. just as so much of what happens is.. the hypocrisy is rampant.. the things that went on under Bush 43, Bush 41, Reagan, Nixon, Ford, and on and on, didn't matter, however it does and did matter under Obama, Clinton, Carter, Kennedy and all other Democratic presidents.

Just look at the history. It was socilistic for FDR to establish the TVA and the CCC during the depression to create jobs and help the economy, which built roads and damns and helped build our infrastructure.. but when Eisenhower built our interstate highway system it was celebrated.. and still is.. See what I mean.. that's hypocrisy,

K. said...

First Commandment: "I am the Lord your God. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol."

Second Commandment: "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God."

Third Commandment: "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy."

I'm just a lapsed Catholic, but even I can see the problem: They were literally worshipping the guy. That's a no-no no matter how benignly you might perceive him and a clear violation of the First Commandment. Once you invoke a false idol, you've by definition violated the Second and Third Commandments.

Annette said...

I agree K, it is disgusting to see this and the way those kids were acting. I couldn't believe it when I saw the video.

mommapolitico said...

As K said, this is waaaay beyond the bounds of the Ten Commandments...this is the kind of indoctrination that is A-OK, but the nutjobs object to The President telling schoolkids to appreciate their teachers, their free education, make goals for themselves and strive to attain them. and the final insult, of course, you're letting your country down if you don't! And our side is the one with the agenda, right??? I'll take that kind of propaganda anytime, from any party! Great post, Annette, as always. And hooray for our President's agenda toward supporting education and educators!

Annette said...

Thanks Momma, from your perspective, I knew this would be something that would really get your attention.. it looks to me to be in school, not in church and that's another big no no to me.. why would these kids be in school and be encouraged to pray and worship the president in such a way?

It is disgusting to say the least and hypocrisy at the highest level.

K. said...

Have you seen the movie? I believe this is a scene from the actual Jesus camp. Most -- if not all -- of the kids are home schooled. That keeps their minds from being polluted by such things as Darwin's Theory of Evil-ution. God forbid that the kids might be challenged.

TomCat said...

Thanks for the compliment, Annette. Your comments add to the discussing there.

Now...

All together now...

All hail the power of Dunbya's name
Let liberals prostate fall...

Annette said...

No, K, I was not aware of the movie or of where this actually came from.. shows my lack of education about movies.. I just thought it was absolutely disgusting with the worship of Bush and the children looking like they were in some kind of trance or something over him. They almost look drugged and it was pretty early in his presidency from the picture of him, he hadn't even turned gray yet...lol

Annette said...

That's what it reminded me of Tom.. My mother and I were talking about this today and we talked of the Dixie Chicks again... like you mentioned it is so crazy how they were treated for daring to say something against Bush overseas and how they were vilified for it, and now everyone is doing the same things to Pres. Obama and no one is saying a word.

TomCat said...

It's not fascism when Repuglicans do it, they think.

themom said...

Of course it's appropriate FOR THE REPUKES. I literally became nauseous, lisstening to that woman's feeble attempt at speaking in tongues...but the "indoctrination" of those children is unforgiveable. Michelle Bachmann would love this I'm sure.