Saturday, April 25, 2009

I got an award.. how blessed am I.. You will be too.



I have been granted this prestigious award from none other than Mauigirl @ Mauigirl's Meanderings. I am so blessed to be given this Honest Scrap award.

1.You must brag about the award 
2.You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger 
3.You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. 
4.Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5.List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions! 

1.)These are always so hard for me to do.. that's the most honest statement I can make. I love reading about others but really don't like talking about me.
2.)I haven't always been for same sex marriage. This is a fairly new conversion for me. I was for civil unions, but the marriage part I just hadn't committed myself to as of yet. Now I am 100%.
3.)I live very close to most of my family, however seldom see them, since we don't really get along. My sister and I barely speak, which suits me fine, and my brother and I tolerate each other. My mother is very partial to both of them and I was always closer to my dad. So, I stay by myself and am perfectly happy...lol I do see my daughter and granddaughters and that is good enough for me.
4.)I am an alcoholic. I haven't had anything to drink in over 20 years, yet I still sometimes would love to have a drink. How's that for honesty...lol No, I don't go to meetings, I haven't in a number of years, in fact I didn't go to them very long, as I say I am a very private person and sharing is not my thing. I found though it was easier to quit drinking than it was to quit smoking..I have done that also in June of last year. All I can say so far is I am still waiting to see huge benefits. I do feel some better, but not a lot. I can't say that food tastes better, I don't think I breathe any better, but I do have more money...lol
5.)I really hate people who are mean to children and animals. I actually think I could kill either. I just get a rage when I read about the mistreatment of children. I mean young, unable to speak or fight back in any way children. Of course animals can never really fight back, unless they are big enough to bite, but most aren't. Notice I didn't say TORTURE.
6.)I really hate stupidity in politics. Whether it is Democrats or Republicans, and we have it both parties. Mild disagreements are one thing, questioning each other is okay, as in not just signing off on it because it is what they want, as the Republicans did for Bush the last 8 years, for the most part. But, being stupid as Ben Nelson or some of the Blue Dogs are to Pres. Obama is not good. That my friends is stupidity. Constantly saying NO to everything as the Republicans have is stupidity.
7.)My daughter and I fight about Bush if we talk about him. She is a supporter and of course you know how I feel about him. She was mad at me and walked out of my house one day when I mentioned us attacking Iraq being the same as Japan bombing Pearl Harbor. She didn't appreciate that.
8.)I love to read. My favorites are suspense types or mystery. Some of favorite authors are Nora Roberts who writes as JD Robb, Catherine Coulter, Margaret Truman Daniels (yes, that Margaret Truman), Tami Hoag, and the list goes on.
9.)I hate surprises. I mean I really HATE surprises. I get really angry if people try to surprise me with birthday parties and stuff like that. I just don't like it.
10.)I really miss traveling. Since I had to stop working and can't drive, it is very hard for me to deal with. I would love to be able to go to all the places I used to be able to see. That was always my dream, that when I finally retired to go back and see all the places I saw as I drove by in the truck and visit them in my car. Now, I will probably never get the chance to do that, and I really regret that. So, to all of you.. don't miss opportunities. You can't go back.. Take your chances NOW. .See the things you want, do the things you want. You don't get 2nd chances very often.

Now for the 7 blogs to send this too.. that's very hard for me also. So many have already done this. So many are busy with other things... but I will try... lets see...

Enigma4Ever @ WatergateSummer

Trish @ PurpleGranny

Zen @ ZenYenta 2.0

D.K.Raed @ Redheaded Wisdom (however she is on vacation, she may shoot me ..lol)

Momma Politico @ The World According to Perry

Vast @ Vast Variety

Tango's Daddy @ Talking To Tango

Now if they all are still speaking to me after they get the message and don't shoot me we will be ok...lol

Hope you enjoy reading about me and enjoy doing your Honest Award. It is fun and fun reading and learning about each other.

5 comments:

Patricia said...

Well, thank you, Annette. This is going to take a little thought, isn't it?

enigma4ever said...

oh thank you...and wow it was so nice to learn more about you...and get to know you...I feel like I know you anyways...but now I know you better- you are a remarkable strong amazing lady- I hope you know that....

( and when I get this Torture thing out of my system....I will definently sit and try to this- I too in an odd way am pretty private...but I promise I will work on it- ask Utah Savage- I suck at MEMES and awards......but I will try....)

Tango daddy said...

Oh thanks Annette bragging comes easily to me its trying to paste that damn scrap picture into my post that is difficult.

Mauigirl said...

Well done, Annette! I totally agree about traveling when you can - too many people put it off thinking they'll do it later. I also am with you on the surprises - I don't like them either!

D.K. Raed said...

as you know I'm back from the vaca now so had to hunt this award thing down. Wow! I will have to think about this and maybe put it off for awhile (just trying to be honest).

I totally enjoyed reading your list. We share some of the same feelings about meanness and stupidity and surprises -- surprise!! Thanks for thinking of me. I'll let you know when I've done the dreaded list.