Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Stupid Part 2...Strikes Again.. Bachmann..she just can't keep her facts straight.

Who does this womans research... It must either be another person stupider than her or she does it herself and she really can't read.

Watch this:



Now, just in case your history isn't all that good.. I have to admit I was a little thrown by the "Hoot-Smalley Act". Not only that but I was sure that FDR wasn't president in 1930, but I could have been mistaken.. so I did a little research.. It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for...

The Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act (sometimes known as the Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act) was an act signed into law on June 17, 1930, that raised U.S. tariffs on over 20,000 imported goods to record levels. In the United States 1,028 economists signed a petition against this legislation, and after it was passed, many countries retaliated with their own increased tariffs on U.S. goods, and American exports and imports plunged by more than half.


And the president on June 17, 1930, was that Republican Herbert Hoover. Not Democratic President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Again, she is trying her best to lay the blame for everything on the Democratic Presidents and it just isn't working, she just keeps showing how really stupid she is.

H/T TPM and TPC for this.

4 comments:

K. said...

Even her fellow Republicans must cringe when she takes the floor. Bachmann makes my guy (Dave Reichert, whose picture is in the dictionary next to the term "empty suit") look like Adlai Stevenson.

A World Quite Mad said...

Oh, she's a real winner, that one. Everything she said in that whole clip, was pretty much wrong, from beginning to end.

trishSWFL said...

I loved history when I was in school, and was pretty sure FDR was NOT president in 1930.

Thank you for looking that up--much as I loved History class, it's been a while, and I'm not as sure of it all these days. Low on memory chips, ya know ;)

K. said...

Bachmann has competition from North Carolina Reoublican Virginia Foxx. Watch this.